- Copyright in all material, information and logos presented on this site vest with Sage (Pty) Ltd (“Sage”).
- The content of this site is protected under applicable South African and International law including, but not limited to, South African Copyright and Trademark laws, International Copyright and Trademark laws and Conventions.
- Nothing contained on this site should be construed as granting any license or right to use any material on this site. The user may however download, retrieve, view, print, refer to or sight the content of this site for private, educational or non-commercial home use only.
- Users seeking permission to use the content of this site for commercial purposes may e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sage cannot nor does it exercise continuous editorial control over the content of this site and accepts no responsibility for any illegal, discriminatory, defamatory or obscene content appearing on this site. Users are invited to inform Sage of such matter appearing on this site to the person referred to in clause 1.4 above.
- By visiting or sending e-mails to Sage via this site, the user consents to receiving electronic communications from Sage.
- The user thereby agrees that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications sent by Sage satisfies any legal requirements, including but not limited to, the requirements that such communications should be “in writing”.
- Sage provides links to other related internet sites. Sage does not sponsor or edit these sites and these links are provided for the user’s convenience only.
- The inclusion of these links does not imply endorsement by Sage of the site and any use and/or reliance on the site is at the user’s own risk.
4. Prohibited Activities
No user, be it a person, business or website may:
- frame this site or any of the pages on this site in any manner whatsoever;
- use any technology to search and gain information from this site unless the prior written consent of Sage is obtained.
- The user expressly agrees that the use of the Sage site is at the user’s sole risk.
- Sage makes no representations or warranties that this website is free from errors or omissions nor that the service provided will be uninterrupted and free from defects. Users are invited to report any possible malfunctions and defects to the person referred to in clause 1.4 above.
- This site is provided on an “as is” basis, without any representation or endorsement made and without any warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of satisfactory quality, non-infringement, title, security and compatibility. It is the sole responsibility of the users to satisfy themselves prior to entering into this agreement that the services available on this site will meet the user’s individual requirements and be compatible with the user’s hardware and/or software.
- The user acknowledges and confirms Sage’s indemnity to, including but not limited to, indirect, direct, incidental, special, consequential and punitive damages arising from the use of or inability to use the Sage site.
- Sage has taken reasonable measures to ensure the integrity of this website and its contents.
- However, no warranty, whether express or implied, is given that any applications, downloads or files available via this website are free of viruses, worms, trojans, bombs, time locks or any other data or code which has the ability to corrupt or affect the operation of the user’s system.
- No advice or opinion expressed on this site should be regarded as professional advice and users are advised to seek professional advice before placing reliance on any opinion given in this site.
- By accessing this site, the user consents to the South African law and the jurisdiction of the South African courts governing any action which may arise in respect of the user’s use of this site.
7. Privacy / Confidentiality
- Any information collected by Sage from users of this site shall not be revealed or disclosed to third parties unless the user’s prior written consent thereto is obtained.
- The user hereby agrees that Sage from time to time may communicate with it.
- The user acknowledges that for the protection of both Parties, any personal data in this Agreement shall be regulated by Schedule A in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation(GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679)
- Any user that delivers or attempts to deliver any damaging code to this website or attempts to gain unauthorised access to any page on this website shall be criminally prosecuted.
- Sage may also, at its sole discretion, institute civil action for damages suffered as a result of such conduct.
9. Alteration to Terms and Conditions
- The use of or access to this site constitutes the user’s acceptance of the above terms and conditions.
- Sage has the exclusive discretion to alter the terms and conditions of this site at any time, without prior notice to the user.
Data Protection Agreement
“Data Protection Laws” means all applicable EU laws and regulations governing the use or processing of Personal Data, including (where applicable) the European Union Directive 95/46/EC (until and including 24 May 2018), the GDPR (from and including 25 May 2018) and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time.
“Customer Data” shall mean the data, information or material provided, inputted or submitted by you or on your behalf into the Services, which may include data relating to your customers and/or employees.
“Customer Personal Data” has the meaning set out in clause 1.
“GDPR” means EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679.
“Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“Data Subject”); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
“Data Controller” means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the Processing of Personal Data; where the purposes and means of such Processing are determined by Union or Member State law, the controller or the specific criteria for its nomination may be provided for by Union or Member State law.
“Data Processor” a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which Processes Personal Data on behalf of the Data Controller.
“Processing” means any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction and “Process”, “Processed” and “Processes” shall be construed accordingly.
“Supervisory Authority” means an independent public authority which is established under applicable Member State law and which concerns itself with the Processing of Personal Data.
NB: The word “Sage”, “Supplier”, “End user”, “Customer”, “Us”, “We” and “You” shall be construed in accordance with their defined usage in the main Agreement.
Sage as Data Processor
- For the purposes of this Agreement, the parties agree that you are the Data Controller in respect of Personal Data contained within Customer Data (“Customer Personal Data”) and as Data Controller, you have sole responsibility for its legality, reliability, integrity, accuracy and quality.
- You warrant and represent that:
- you will comply with and will ensure that your instructions for the Processing of Customer Personal Data will comply the Data Protection Laws;
- you are authorised pursuant to the Data Protection Laws to disclose any Customer Personal Data which you disclose or otherwise provide to us regarding persons other than yourself;
- you will where necessary, and in accordance with the Data Protection Laws, obtain all necessary consents and rights and provide all necessary information and notices to Data Subjects in order for:
- you to disclose the Customer Personal Data to us;
- us to Process the Customer Personal Data for the purposes set out in this Agreement; and
- us to disclose the Customer Personal Data to: (a) our agents, service providers and other companies within the Sage group of companies; (b) law enforcement agencies; (c) any other person in order to meet any legal obligations on us, including statutory or regulatory reporting; and (d) any other person who has a legal right to require disclosure of the information, including where the recipients of the Customer Personal Data are outside the European Economic Area.
- To the extent that Sage Processes any Customer Personal Data, the terms of Exhibit A shall apply, and the parties agree to comply with such terms.
Sage as Data Controller
- Where, and to the extent we Process your Personal Data as a Data Controller in accordance with our Privacy Notice [sage.com], we shall comply with all Data Protection Laws applicable to us as Data Controller.
- You agree that we may record, retain and use Customer Data generated and stored during your use of the Service (including Customer Personal Data, which we shall Process as Data Controller as set out in our Privacy Notice [sage.com] , on the basis of our legitimate business interests), in order to:\
- deliver advertising, marketing (including in-product messaging) or information to you which may be useful to you, based on your use of Services;
- carry out research and development to improve our, and our Affiliates’, services, products and applications;
- develop and provide new and existing functionality and services (including statistical analysis, benchmarking and forecasting services) to you and other Sage customers;
- provide you with location based services (for example location relevant content) where we collect geo-location data to provide a relevant experience, provided that Sage shall only record, retain and use the Customer Data and/or Process Customer Personal Data on a pseudonymised basis, displayed at aggregated levels, which will not be linked back to you or to any living individual. If at any time you do not want us to use Customer Data in the manner described in this clause 5, please contact us at the email address set out in the Privacy Notice [www.sage.com].